Saturday, August 27, 2011

The latest





I'm finding it's hard to find time to keep up to date with this! Tonight Annie weighs in at 2 lb 12 oz--that means she's gained one oz since the 17th. She is now tolerating 9 ML of breast milk every three hours and her bowel sounds are positive signs that things are moving through her system. Her tummy still feels soft and supple and not hard, so that's a good sign as well. Since Annie is so young she still forgets to breath at times. In fact, she loves to curl in a ball--according to her nurse tonight--and then she kinks off her airway and stops breathing. This is all normal for premies.

Today the older kids got to touch Annie again for the second time and they loved that! Nicki and I both got to hold her today for the second time and that was pretty neat. I love feeling that warm bundle against my skin. Here are some pics from the last few days of our life adventures:


5 comments:

Laura Cates said...

I love the cute purple bow in her hair! What a sweetheart!

ashlee said...

So sweet!

Ande said...

She is beautiful Ryan and Nikki!! I have been keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. So glad that you got to hold her.

Shaina said...

That is so wonderful. Skin contact heals parents and babies!! Glad you are getting some time together.

Natalie and Ryan said...

How are you guys doing? Annie is so small and delicate. I hope she gets stronger and stronger every day. She is so cute with her purple bow. I bet the hospital did that. They put bows in Sydia's hair when she was born. Take care. We need to catch up and bring you guys a meal.