Tuesday, August 2, 2011
26 Weeks
The lit'lin is now 26 weeks and going strong! This was proved today by a great ultrasound. The ultrasound revealed that the fluid level has increased some from where it was at, so that is great news as well! The negative side, though, is that as the baby grows Nicki slows.... She has been feeling quite tired and drained from the nearly continuous loss of blood. The docs prescribed a higher dose of iron: three tablets per day. The hope is that the iron will beef up the hematocrit level and remove the need for a blood transfusion. In the meantime, Nicki is feeling pretty drained, but we are both happy the baby girl is still inside and growing. So, we continue this journey--feeling simultaneously strained and overwhelmed--missing the normalcy of life and day-to-day living as a family, yet foundationally supported by the Lord's hand. We are nervous about moving into work starting/school starting phase in the next few weeks. That will bring new challenges to our lives and we're not sure how that will work. But, we are confident things will work out. Thanks for all your support and love!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Things will work out, but school schedules definitely add to the worry. Let Nicki rest and rest and rest!
We are keeping you guys in our prayers! I'm so glad the baby is doing well. Nicki - you are an amazing woman. I always think of you when I think of women I want to be like. I know the Lord is watching over you and your family and that everything will work out. Lots of happy thoughts being sent your way from Texas!
The boys and I are back in town now so let us know how we can help. We're not just saying that we really want to.
I am so glad that you are keeping everyone updated. Nicki you are an awesome lady (always have been), I hate that you have to go through this, but I know that you are inspiring everybody you come in contact with!
Holli (Luke)
Just wanted to let you know that while watching your kids today I had such a great feeling in my home-- just like I had heavenly help. Our little family has been blessed today by having your kids here. I think heavenly help is with us through this.
Love you,
Steph
Nicki, you have been in our thoughts and prayers. I wish we lived closer so we could help with the kids. I just wanted to leave a comment and give you the blog of a dear friend who gave birth at 26 weeks over 2 years ago in April 2009. Her little Gracie Elizabeth is now a strong 2 year old. To read her story go to www.babrownfam.blogspot.com and click on the links to see Gracie's story. I was privileged to get to go to the NICU when Gracie was first born. I was amazed at the technology that keeps those tiny babies safe until they are able to continue on their own. I hope and pray you don't have to go through that with your princess, but thought you may like to read about it while waiting. Take care.
Post a Comment