Saturday, May 31, 2008

Support!


It is so great to get on here and read posts from so many good people who give support and know what it's like to be carrying on even when it's hard to carry on! Thanks to all of you for such nice words. Well, I forgot to mention that Ryan will be gone for 11 weeks--I know that to some that is a very small number, but to others it looks like a long time. And my hat goes off to all of you. We are plugging away. This time it's so much different from basic training. He gets to call everyday--(Sorry Margarite--I hope Ian is still closet texting) and he's only sweating half the day, with the other half being in comfy chairs in an air conditioned room. He's down at Maxwell in Montgumery, Alabama. So anyway, he's fine and we are fine, you just might hear some complaining every now and again:).
WE had a big week with Sophie turning seven, finishing first grade, and performing in her first every Wasatch Dance Program. That is kind of a rite of passage from first to second grade that they do every year at our school. It was so fun to go and watch her. For her birthday, she got to celebrate on Sunday before Ryan left then again on her actual day. It was so fun and she got some fun new toys. I can't believe I have a seven year old, second grader. . .Where has the time gone?!

9 comments:

Emily said...

So cute. It is hard to believe that we are old enough for that. Hey download some video of this dancing. I want to see!

I'm Always Rite said...

No prob Nicki. Ian calls everyday and texts every night and he has finally come out of the closet! Haha! He's excited that Ryan is there with him. I guess I was mistaken about the length of time Ryan will be there. Is he at BOT or COT? Ian and I were under the impression he already had his commission. Hmmm... Tell Sophie we said Happy Birthday! Be happy you're old enough to have a seven year old! These are the best years of parenting, I think. :) Plus also, I have a TEN year old! :O

I'm Always Rite said...

One more thing... check out this website:

http://www.afoats.af.mil/OTS/index.asp

It's great insight into what the guys are up to down there. :)
Love ya!

Ande said...

Glad that Ryan is doing good. Happy Birthday Sophie. Xanen turned 7 in March, they get really goofy and have weird senses of humor.

Jenni said...

WHy 11 weeks?? Josh's was only 5...must be different for the program?? Happy B-day to Sophie!!! Have a great week you guys!

Emily said...

hey going private. but want you to still visit us. so send me your email so I can add you. emunn@pocketinet.com Thanks.

Carolann said...

So sad to see that Ryan left. I'm sure that with you all going to Idaho with family the time will go by pretty fast. I've never had to endure 11 weeks, but if anyone can do it, you can! You're amazing.

Happy Birthday Sophie!

Shaina said...

Time away from each other is hard. Hope the summer flies by, staying with your family. You need to give me a new phone number, so I don't call Ryan's cell and get him in trouble! Happy Birthday to Sophie!!

Valerie said...

Hey girl

How are you? It has been a very long time since I have talked to a bunch of you. I am glad I finally started a blog so I could find everyone again. Your kids are so big! Why is Ryan gone? I didn't read all of your blog so sorry if I missed it. I have like 7 of you to catch up on so I am reading them as fast as i can. Sorry. I would love to hear from you though! Are you still at Travis or did I hear you had moved. I can't remember. Anyway, can't wait to catch up