After viewing so many of your blogs, I felt the pressure that it was time to get started on the inevitable. We did it! We set up camp in the bathroom for a morning and Elsie ate popcorn and pretzels til her eyes were brown:)--Then we drank juice and water until she asked to stop. Then, she sat on the potty and PRESTO! She went in the potty. My other two, once they went that first time they couldn't wait to do it again but as for Elsie. . . She still is asking if she can go outside without pants. She learned from her brother to love the outdoors for relief. It's an ongoing process and I'm still wondering if I should leave the house. But, I am happy to say, I won't be buying anymore diapers for this kid! HOORAY.
Saturday, May 17, 2008
Peer Pressure!
After viewing so many of your blogs, I felt the pressure that it was time to get started on the inevitable. We did it! We set up camp in the bathroom for a morning and Elsie ate popcorn and pretzels til her eyes were brown:)--Then we drank juice and water until she asked to stop. Then, she sat on the potty and PRESTO! She went in the potty. My other two, once they went that first time they couldn't wait to do it again but as for Elsie. . . She still is asking if she can go outside without pants. She learned from her brother to love the outdoors for relief. It's an ongoing process and I'm still wondering if I should leave the house. But, I am happy to say, I won't be buying anymore diapers for this kid! HOORAY.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
yeah! She did it!! Way to go. Her hair has gotten so long! What a big girl.
yeah!!! She's a big girl!!! I love that part. Hazel keeps trying to potty train herself, I am sure if I was motivated she would already be, she just seems too young still. 19 months, the boys took until 3 + Anyway, that is great, I hope that all continues to go well.
Congratulations Nicki! I'll bet that is such a relief...especially after the little trick she pulled at the store the other day! :) Ryan told me about it.
I've never thought about setting up camp in the bathroom....good idea. I've got one more to go....we'll see how quick it will happen this time--fingers crossed!
Melissa
Hurray for Elsie! I can think of no other accomplishment in motherhood that makes me more happy than successfully potty training a child. We are loving the no diapers thing too. Those things get expensive!
Yeah! Good job Elsie!!! Way to go Mom! That has to be nice. I'm not pushing Madisynn, I know when she is ready she'll do it.
Congrats!! Such a great day when you are diaper free. Way to go!
Post a Comment