Monday, May 5, 2008

A little update




Ryan finally got his official commission from the Air Force. We went to his Uncle Brad's house on Tuesday, the 29th for the deed. It was pretty quick--I can't believe we've been waiting around for that. I thought for sure it would be some grand ceremony with a huge dinner afterwards. Instead it was rush up to Draper, visit for 5 minutes, raise his hand for a few seconds, load up in the car, we did hit Hogi Yogi for an ice cream celebration, then home to throw the kids in bed late at 9pm. It was a whirlwind but we are so glad to be over this little road block.
Then, on Wednesday, my mom, dad, and sisters all came here for Women's Conference. It was such a great weekend. We visited, ate, listened to great speakers, visited, and ate some more. I love the time that I get to spend with my family. We also spent great time with extended family which made it even more special. I come from some amazing people! One of the highlights was going to see the new Emma Movie that was an eye opener. We'd just been learning about how to be a better mother and then watched all that she went through. It was a good kick in the backside. I'd love to hear some suggestions from all of you on how you set your goals and then make sure you get to them. It seems like I do really well at setting goals but by a year later, have yet to accomplish it. . . One of my many weaknesses for all of you to read about.

7 comments:

Shaina said...

A HUGE congratulations to you guys!! Glad things are happening for you. If you get tired of the cool nights in Idaho this summer, just remember I'll be enjoying the sweltering humidity of the south. love ya

Ande said...

I heard that he was getting it, Monti told me that Ryan called Sheldon to get some info. That is awesome. Congrats!!!! I am horrible about setting a goal and going through with it. I try short term goals and then try to go from there.

I'm Always Rite said...

Congratulations! That's Awesome!

Ian had his swearing in yesterday and it feels so good to be AF brats again. :) He's excited that he and Ryan will be at OTS for a bit together, if not in different programs. :]

As far as goals go... I'll check back to see what others suggest. :)

Karen said...

Congratulations to you guys! What a relief that is for you. Goals are so hard to accomplish. I've set so many goals, and have yet to complete a lot of them. I find it easier to start with easy ones and work from there!!! Good luck to you guys. =)

Jenni said...

COngrats to you guys!!!!! I felt the same way about the actual "comissioning"...like that was it???? Funny. Glad you had a fun weekend with the girls...looks like a blast! MMMMM...Hogi Yogi!!!! Yum!!! We'll be in UT in a few weeks for Josh's reunion...maybe we'll have to meet up at one to visit!!

Rayna said...

That's great, your on your way! Wow, goals...all I know is "try, try again"! If you do something for 10-14 days it will become a habit. If you fail, just try again. Don't try to set too many goals at once, either. Well hope that was some help!

Carolann said...

I LOVE to make goals. (Keeping them is another story). Every new year, Sam and I make goals as to what we want to accomplish that year and then post them somewhere we can see them. We also make goals every wedding anniversary too and weekly goals every Sunday. How do you become better without goals?! Love em, love em, love em!

I would love to go to womens conference someday. Sounds like a blast!