Sunday, April 27, 2008

Spring Break and Recovering

When we got back, Ryan had a gig in Wendover, NV with the Wayne Newton Band. It was nice and relaxing, all-expense paid weekend to recover from our Spring Break. Included was the Seafood Buffett at the Hotel. Unfortunately, we went on full stomachs--I'm not sure what we were thinking, but we still enjoyed. And it was all topped off with a chocolate fountain for fruit. I was in HEAVEN!!! The kids stayed with Ryan's parents and we almost didn't come back:).




Well, we had our wonderful trip to Canada--a week and a half ago. . . Where does the time go?! We had a great trip. The drive up was wonderful, the kids did so well for being in the car for 12 hours. We stopped twice for gas/potty break and that was it. We made it up in record time. We played hard with the cousins, like they'd never been parted. We played 5-pin bowling, went swimming, climbed dirt mounds, played games well into the evening hours, and even ate a nice dinner, only for adults, in a converted water tower. That was totally cool! We had such a wonderful time and are grateful to Rach and James for such a nice time. Here are a few picture . .
.

9 comments:

Ande said...

Sounds like a fun time. Especially the choc fountain. (Not that I can eat it now. ug.) Love the pics.

Elise said...

Looks like a fun time! What does Ryan do in the Wayne Newton Band?

I'm Always Rite said...

Sounds like you've had some fun! What a nice break for you and Ryan. I can't wait for my next getaway with Ian... Alas, it will have to be after OTS and whatever comes after that. :)

Shaina said...

So glad to have you back! You need to give me a call, girlie!

ashlee said...

I'm so glad to have you back in the blogging world :-) It looks like you guys had so much fun. Ryan looks sharp in that tux. Where's your prom dress, I think mom and dad might still have that green one :-)

Carolann said...

Buffet on a full stomach? Who does that?! It looks like you had a blast and it must have been nice to get out with just the two of you.

Karen said...

It definately sounds like you had a great time! It is nice to get out and have sometime to yourselfs without the kiddos!

Becca said...

Hi Nicki,
I found your blog through Ashlee's. Welcome back to Utah! It was fun to see Ryan last summer in Blackfoot performing. They did such a great job. We loved the show. Your kids are sure cute.
your cuz, becca

Nicki said...

Becca,
We just saw some cute pictures of your little crew! I'm hoping Ash has your blog so I can see more.