This is what happens after somebody gets a mind of her own and gains a few more pounds! We love our other baby girl Ruby too!Well, Annie graduated today to a crib. Nicki and I were actually extremely surprised that this happened so soon, and we actually still have our reservations about it. Last night I was told she was making baby (no pun intended) steps toward getting in the crib, and we find out today all of the sudden she's in the crib! It seems like it was all pretty overwhelming for her too, because tonight while I was there I attempted to hold her and she stopped breathing several times. That was very scary for me. It seems like she struggles the most when she has to try and do multiple things all at the same time--and with a low hematacrit: she has to digest food, breath, now maintain temperature, take in new sound stimuli (now that she's out of the isolette) etc. That's a lot to do for a kid who has already been struggling to breath, has a PDA and a low crit. Anyway, if things go poorly tonight I think we will ask the docs about slowing things down a bit. She is gaining good weight--tonight she weighed 1600 grams or 3 lb 15 oz--just shy of 4 lb. I got some great pics of her tonight and will put those on the blog, so check that out. We continue to pray that Annie will grow out of these desaturations and A's and B's! She sure is a beautiful girl--as you can tell from the pics--and has an out of this world spirit. We love her if you can't tell.
5 comments:
Oh my gosh, she is beautiful!!! I am so glad that she is doing well!!!!
Yes, she is adorable!! And I agree....new stimuli is tough to introduce right now. Hope every day is better!
She is just so beautiful! Glad things are going well, and continue to pray that each day gets better. =)
I think I remember some other kids named Sophie, Caleb and Elsie...I do love the pictures of Annie and Ruby. Wish we could see them all.
Stephanie told me she is a little doll. I wish I could see her.
Post a Comment