Saturday, July 23, 2011

Blinded By The Light



Today was a relatively quiet day in our hospital world--which is good. The big event was that I got to push Nicki out to the "patio" for some sunshine. She really enjoyed that and so did I! We did not have to go over to L&D at all today and the bleeding has slowed quite a bit. Nicki has had some contractions today, but they have been mostly sporadic. Last night was kind of crazy--in addition to our regular night visitors (nurses, CNAs etc) we were awakened around 11:30pm by the lights flipping on and the maintenance man cruising in with a screw driver to fix the bedside thermometer! If I wasn't half-asleep when I saw what he was doing I probably would have asked him in an extremely kind way to please come back in the morning. But, I was half asleep and so I just lay there on my "bed" wondering why in tarnation was he in our room in the middle of the night to fix something? What kind of maintenance man works at midnight? Anyway, it was weird. Other than that, we have had great experiences with the staff here. They have been very kind and personable.

Another thing about today--because of the blood loss Nicki's hematocrit level has gone down to 27, it's suppose to be above 34. They don't seem to be too extremely worried though. No transfusion will be needed until it dips below 24. So, we are truckin' along watching how things develop from day to day. We are hoping for a quiet Sunday tomorrow. We got to webcam with the kids today and saw them dressed up in their pioneer garb to go to Oak Hills First Ward Pioneer day parade and ice cream party. They were pretty excited. We heard Caleb in the background yelling at cousin Tommy. We got him on the webcam and asked him about why he was doing that. He said, "Tommy is Joseph Smith and we are the mob!!!" OK, that makes sense.

Some of you know I've been working on some different applications--one for the Air Force and the other for board certification as a hospital chaplain. Well, today I sent off my packet for board certification. That was quite a feat and it's GREAT to have that done. Well, more tomorrow! Love to all.

1 comment:

Shaina said...

Congrats on a sunshiny day! Glad you got your package mailed in, Ryan! Best of luck to both of you!