Monday, July 18, 2011

Back and Forth

Ryan here....

So, today things were going fine until I left to go buy a copy of Microsoft Office for Mac at Best Buy! I bought the software and then began trying to make my way onto the freeway to go home and check in with Robbi and the kids. Well, something happened (as it often does with me and directions) and I got on the wrong freeway heading north back into SLC rather than south heading toward our house! Arggghhh. So, as I rolled back into downtown SLC Nicki called...to tell me that she has begun bleeding a bit again--it was convenient that I was close to the hospital and not at home, so I headed back to the hospital! So, we are now back in L&D. The doctors did a test and determined there may be a possibility of some amniotic fluid discharge. This being the case they have started Nicki on a regimen of antibiotics. Not sure how long we'll be in L&D tonight before going back to the antepartem room (bigger, nicer, better hospital bed, better view, no IV etc!!). So, we continue to move back and forth between rooms. The baby continues to have a nice, strong heartbeat through all of it, so that's good to see.

5 comments:

Abi said...

Looks like your direction impairment has come in handy at last! :) We're thinking of you guys. thanks for keeping us updated!

Shaina said...

It can never be easy,right? Lots of love and prayers! Stay strong. Keep your spirits up!

Dahrl said...

Praying for you guys. Day at a time I guess. Get a good book and read to each other!? Love ya.

Laura Cates said...

I feel like I'm stalking you guys to find out what's going on! We've been praying for you guys everyday and glad to see that there is still a strong heartbeat. Did I see that it is a little girl?

Tasha said...

Just found out you were updating on here, I've been watching Facebook like crazy trying to find something out. Thank you for the updates, it helps us be more specific in prayer. Just put it in the Lord's hands. We love you guys!