Thursday, October 6, 2011

What a Day

So, this is Nicki. . . Today I took my mom and dad up to see how much she has grown and how well she is doing. She wanted to set the record straight that she's still little and needs lots of love and attention. Right when my mom and I walked in the door she had a grade 4 A and B. This means that she stopped breathing, her heart rate dropped to almost 30 and stayed down off and on for almost 5 minutes. She got pretty "dusky" meaning blue and she went completely limp! It just goes with the territory. She had another one later in the morning while I was holding her. So the new move now is they took her feeding tube down further into her small intestine to see if that would reduce the reflux and help with the A and Bs. We should know by tomorrow if it really is reflux or see if more tests need to be done. She also had an echo which showed that her PDA, valve in heart is still there but is small. They don't feel like it has any affect on her breathing and that it's hopefully closing on it's own. She's growing so fast and was at 4 pounds 10.5 ounces last night. She's resting and growing which is what we love to see. Just as long as she keeps breathing!:)

4 comments:

Shaina said...

It is so difficult to watch your baby stop breathing. Hang in there.

Karen said...

I can't even imagine, Hang in there. Prayers your way!

Rachael Spencer said...

That is so scary!

Anney B said...

How amazing and strong you are. Little Annie is so blessed to come into such a FANTATIC family. I think about you so much and love you more that you will ever know. Keep up the good work.