It's pretty amazing how the Lord works out our timing. Ryan and I were on our way to Driggs for Christmas on the 20th. He had a trombone performance so we didn't leave until 6:00. My parents called as we were getting ready to go to tell us that Grandma O'Brien wasn't doing very well. The day before my family had gathered for the O'Brien Family Christmas Party. Many people were there and got to touch her hand and tell her that they loved her. My Grandma has been in a nursing home since 1998 when her alzheimers got so severe that she was no longer safe on her own. She's had a battle for a long time with empty memories but perfect physical health. We debated stopping late Sunday night but decided to go on to my parents home and to see her the next day. She passed quietly in the night. We are so happy for her that she won't be suffering any more. But the happiest thing is picturing her reunion with my Grandpa who died in 1995. I know that they are together and are finally free from both of their physical pain and suffering. It's a trial that they both have had to carry and I'm so happy for them.
It was so great to see most of my O'Brien cousins, aunts, uncles, cousins kids. It was a true reunion with each other.
Here's my dad with his five siblings and Aunt Connie, Grandma's sister. It was a beautiful clear day in valley and we got to hear memories from all of these wonderful people.
What a view for my Grandma and Grandpa to come too. I grew up in a beautiful place and feel so blessed to have come from such amazing people. Thanks for your humble, kind, selfless life, Grandma!
2 comments:
Who took the last picture? I love it and I love all of these people. I am glad that you guys were there and I only wish I could have been there too.
I love those pictures.
Post a Comment