Sunday, November 8, 2009

Just a little update

I think I forgot about updating my own blog because I've been so busy reading everyone else's. We've had a fun fall so far. We celebrated Elsie's fourth birthday. One day in Idaho with my family and one day in Utah with Ryan's family. She got pretty well celebrated. But the best part of it all was on the morning of her birthday when I passed her two vitamins--it was a rite of passage for her to join the other two kids.
We've also been busy with sickness around here. We all got the 24 hour flu in Idaho that made for a party. When we got back Soph was sick for a week with an absess on her tonsil. Now the boy is sick with the H1N1 virus. . .I hope it's not the beginning of the cycle.
Between the illnesses I got to go to lunch with a wonderful friend. She was my mentor teacher for the one year that I taught public school. Couldn't have made it through without her. This is Elsie's first attempt at people photography. She usually just gets random shots so I was really proud of her.
Then the kids decided to represent the dead for Halloween. Nothing sweet here. Good thing they collected a whole bunch of sweet in their bags!
And finally, fall means piano recitals! Caleb got to play a duet with his Nana while Soph played in a trio with some friends. It's always nice to have those come and go. Thanks to their Nana for being such a great piano teacher!

Happy Fall to everyone and we hope it's as beautiful where you are as it is here.

7 comments:

Jenni said...

Hope everyone is on the mend!!! Fun to hear how you guys are doing!!

ashlee said...

I teared up when I saw Caleb playing the piano. That is so cute. Handsome little man.

C said...

Found your blog through Lucy's– these are such fun pictures! Hope you all are well, especially with Caleb being sick!

Honeycombs said...

I am glad your kids could be those "scary" kids for halloween. I am pretty sure my kids wouldn't have said one word to their cousins in those costumes. Hope they got a lot of candy their mom likes too.

Pamela said...

I hope the flu passes by the rest of you!!!

Will you be in Utah for Christmas, we are coming the 26th-2nd?

I'm Always Rite said...

Hope everyone is feeling better! I can't believe Elsie is 4!!!! Where have the years gone? Hope all is well for Ryan working towards becoming a chaplain! Miss you guys so much! Hope to run into you again soon!

Alicia said...

Nic, you guys are always having a party. Happy Late Birthday Elsie! Get Caleb better and then lets get together before Christmas!!