Saturday, September 19, 2009

School Days

Here we are being schooled in what it would've been like to be a pioneer. It was hot but we had some amazing sun bonnets that helped to keep the sun off. We had a big family get together to celebrate fall, the start of school, and seeing Grandpa and Gram move to Arizona for the winter.

Now here's my newest student. This little boy loves kindergarten! He has had so much fun to start off but he came home yesterday and took an hour and 1/2 nap. He's not quite ready to leave those behind. The first day of school he came home to tell me that he'd met a cute girl in class. I asked what her name was but he never asked. So the next day he decided to make her a craft in class. They made cut outs of hands in the sign for "I Love You"--he made one for me then made one for the new little girl in his class. I asked if he found out her name but he's still a little too shy for that. There are plenty of years for that.
Here's my big third grader. She hit the start of school off with a bang. About one week after school started I got a call from her teacher. I was informed that this student was far too excited about talking to her neighbor and needed to be reminded what the purpose of school is. I asked the teacher, "What, it's not playing with all of your friends?" I'm afraid the apple hasn't fallen too far from the tree.
Here's a shot of my oldest student! He's officially started his second to the last semester in school. He'll be graduating just about the time that the other two are starting their last month of school. And yes, I am counting!

6 comments:

Shaina said...

Yay for you!! YOu see a light at the end of the school tunnel (again!). Hope things are going well for you. Find something fun to do with those hours of just having Elsie! Miss you.

Honeycombs said...

You always look so pretty in pictures. Horray for school (for the kids) and the end when it is Ryan.

Pamela said...

Hooray only two semesters left! Your kiddos are so cute, I love that Caleb has a crushlet on a cute girl, what a sweetheart!

Becca said...

I really love those bonnets. How are things with Caleb and the girl? Cute boy!

Britta said...

Hey Nicki,
I found your blog through Hannah's. Youre family is beautiful and it's so great see that you're loving life. Come visit my blog anytime. Love ya, Britta

Carolann said...

I think Ryan's addicted to school and he'll never be able to quit:).

I'm so glad Caleb loves school. Isabelle looks forward to it every day, although hers is 7 hours long. What could they possibly be doing all day? I miss her!

We were driving the other day and she said out of the blue, "i miss Caleb" with kind of a sad tone to her voice. How sweet! We'll be sure to come see you next time we're in Utah.