We met at a mutual friends recital. I don't remember him but I do remember thinking I could never marry one of those loud music majors. He vaguely remembers me but the interest stopped there. A few weeks later we went on a double date. Him with another girl and me with his friend. I remember thinking what a cute couple those two would make. A few weeks later we were on yet another double date with different partners. Again no thoughts of us dating but I think someone was trying to send a message.
We had a year of seeing each other off and on as friends around campus and being at the same place at the same time. In December he asked for my email, sent me an email, then started dating someone else. I was having way too much fun to notice. Finally in April right before I graduated from BYU he asked me on a date. I wanted to date him but wasn't sure it was the right thing to do. I eventually gave in to his sparkling personality and wit but not without a fight. I made sure we dated for two months before I said "yes" to his proposal. Then made him wait a whole two months before I married him--I know I really played hard to get:).
Well, three states and almost four college degrees later we are still happy to be married to each other. It's pretty amazing to me how things work out despite ourselves. I love you, Ryan, and am happy to be stuck with a loud music, chaplain major after all:).
9 comments:
happy anniversary you two!! I like how you played hard to get.
We are all pretty happy that you married Ryan...even if he was a LOUD music major. (Please move to Seattle) I figure if I keep sending these very subliminal messages it will really happen.
Oh, Happy Anniversary you guys! 9 years! Wow! :)
Congratulations! We love you guys.
Congratulations, you guys are an amazing couple and deserve the best. And to think I was there from the humble beginnings :)
That was fun to read Nicki....thanks for sharing. :-) Congrats on 9 years!
I know I'm late - but happy anniversary!! You guys look great together!
I know this is frightfully late, but I'm submitting this post on another very special day--your bday! Nicki, I love you and want you to know how lucky I feel to have you--even though you did play hard to get. You have been so patient with me through the moves and schools and jobs etc. No one knows what I've put you through over the years! Happy 33 babe!
Just wanted to wish you a late Happy Birthday but it looks like you've been pretty busy and keep up to your blog about like I do. Anyway I hope you get this before your next birthday LOL!
Post a Comment