Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Update

Oh, Idaho! Here is just a glimpse at the beauty and freezing cold that we got to enjoy over Christmas. A family friend invited us to go on a sleigh ride that was a highlight for all of the kids. Elsie had to be standing right up front to watch the horses in all of their glory. I, on the other hand, got to be one of the lucky ones to get pulled behind the sleigh in one of the sleds. This is me and my sister Ash taking our turns, she's the mummy on your left:).
We tried to get the kids to sing Christmas Carols to really get into the spirit but by the end the only singing was the howling of freezing children.

My sister got this really cool toy for her kids. It's a teeter-totter that spins and has those bouncy balls on the bottom of the seats so you never get an awful jolt when the other person jumps off. It provided hours of fun for the kids! We were all just wishing that we could find one for adults to enjoy. The kids would get spinning at mach speed, it was pretty great.


We had such a nice Christmas Vacation in ID! It was so great to see some of my family and to let the kids see cousins. We played in the snow, shared cold germs, watched movies, went on a sleigh ride, ate, etc. I could go on and on but must suffice with saying again that we had a really nice time. I must add too that we somehow breezed through a 31 car pile up on the freeway during one of our roadtrips. Now it's back to business--Ryan hasn't had any classes but somehow has over 50 pages of reading to do. Ah, back to the grind stone. Happy New Year, everyone.

8 comments:

Becca said...

Oh I wish we could have been at the party to see you guys. I had a choir concert that night. It looks like you had fun in Driggs. I am glad you breezed through the pile up too. My mom told me a little about it and that you guys were able to pull off and avoid it. I was so happy I started to tear up; I was so glad you were all safe. :)

Shaina said...

Wow! First of all, being pulled by a horsie-sleigh while sledding? What could be better. Oh, I know, that fabulous teeter-totter! Wow. That's really cool.

Hope things don't get too boring getting back to normal. Miss you.

Natalee said...

Wow that looks like so much fun! How neat to have a horse drawn sled!

Rachael Spencer said...

don't you love the snow? You can't have a true Christmas without it...at least that's what I'm telling myself...the sleigh ride will make a great memory when the kids forget about being cold! Looks like a great Christmas Nick!

Pamela said...

Nothing like a good old Idaho Christmas. I am glad that you got to be with your family.

Ande said...

looks like fun, we didn't get to play in the snow this year.

I'm Always Rite said...

You are so much fun! I'm so jealous of your sled ride! :) Looks like you had a groovy time! :)

Hope Ryan is able to break from school work every now and again to have fun with you. :)

Karen said...

I want to go on a sleigh ride! How fun! That is a pretty awesome teeter-totter. My kids would so love that! I'm glad you had a great Christmas! =)