Monday, January 26, 2009

Lessons!

For Christmas, we let the kids choose a "lesson" that they wanted to take this winter. Soph chose ice skating lessons which started the first week we got back. She has had such a great time learning this new trade. She informed us that she, of course, will be going to the Olympics and I needed to get her costume ready for her performance soon. Caleb and Els chose to take swimming lessons. I took them to their first class and they had a great time. They were smiling and splashing. I was so happy to see them settled into their classes of Penguins and Sharks. After class, however, we went into the locker room to get showered and dressed. It turned into a screaming, ugly mess. My children were so scared of the shower, then got soap in their eyes, then I ended up being the one gettting the shower. It was a wreck! So we left the locker room with our heads down and a determination in my heart. I called the rec center and asked if we could postpone our lessons for a few months so we could practice the shower part of our experience. Instead of swimming lessons, Caleb and Elsie have now enrolled in shower lessons! I hope it works. (Doesn't this face say it all?!)

8 comments:

I'm Always Rite said...

Wow! The shower really? Bummer. Swimming is so much fun! I probably would have just put them in the car in their suits and bathed them at home. I pretty much started putting my munchkins in showers instead of baths when they could really stand on their own for the sake of Neina's sensitive skin. :] Good luck with the shower lessons! :)

Karen said...

That's too bad! Swimming is such fun! My girls just barely started getting used to the shower. Good luck with the shower lessons! =)

Becca said...

Thanks for a great laugh today! (Not laughing at your kids, just the situation and the way you describe it.) You are probably not laughing, but that really is a cute story. I'm still gigging as I type this thinking about your cute kids who I haven't seen in forever. Miss you!

Ande said...

That is so funny. I would have just taken them home, but of course it is freezing cold and you don't wanna get them sick. I am sure next time it will go smoother.

Honeycombs said...

My children have also been enrolled in shower lessons. We will have to get them up to the golf course in Victor this summer to see which teacher was better.

Shaina said...

Shower lessons were taken nice and slowly in our house. It is something to get use to. Hopefully they'll adapt quickly and get back in the pool soon!

Pamela said...

Hey that is a very familiar story around our house! Good luck with the shower lessons :)

Sara said...

Awwww...poor kids - the shower can be scary if you're 1) little and 2) not used to it! They'll come around...but I feel for you in that locker room! Tough times!