Thursday, December 4, 2008

A few pictures

These are for posterity. . . I just had to report and catch up since I've been getting behind. Caleb asked for a pumpkin pie for his birthday plus a potato bar for dinner. He was so excited to eat his pie but the next day asked if he could actually have a cake because he forgot how much he likes cake. He knows how to work it:)

The night of Caleb's birthday we didn't even get to see Soph because she had a play at her school. They've been practicing one day a week for three months and were ready for the big performance of "The Emperor's New Clothes". I think she's found her new hobby. She loved dancing and singing on the stage. We all had those cheesy songs stuck in our heads--oh wait, they are coming to mind again.

We got some special visitors before we left for Thanksgiving. The Rogers were/are still here and it's been so fun to see them on a few occasions. The kids played and played. When Caleb and Isabelle saw each other they embraced then ran off to play. It was so fun to see you guys!
We got the kids to stop playing long enough to pose for a couple pictures. Some kids really know how to pose and not just smile:).
Soph's teacher from school got married a couple days before Thanksgiving. Some of the class went to the reception. It's pretty fun to be invited to a party for your teacher outside of school. It brought back flashbacks of my time teaching just five days after I had gotten married. . . I think it's still a little tricky for the kids to remember that her name has changed.
These are a couple shots from the drive back home from Idaho at Thanksgiving--Ryan hard at work. Never a dull moment thanks to a lap top and a long road. As you can see the kids played hard all break so there wasn't much noise from the back--except maybe a few snorts here and there.


And last but not least, once home we got busy for the next holiday! We love Christmas and all the fun that it entails. Caleb did let me know today that he does love me even more than the Christmas Tree. . .That makes a mom's day:) We hope you are all as ready and excited for the holidays and enjoy a cup of hot cider for us! With love, The Williams Crew

7 comments:

I'm Always Rite said...

Great pix! Thanks for sharing. :) I'm starting to get the Christmas decorating vibe. Maybe Superman and I will spend some time tomorrow getting in the spirit. :}

kellynmaryweaver said...

These are great, wish we had been in Utah long enough to see you! We only had a few days and Quinn got a terrible stomach flu before we came home! Then when we got here Bridget and I started...Yay Me! Hopefully it passes by Kelly. Hope you guys are well. We will be out again in late March for at least 10 days so we will have to get together! Mary

Shaina said...

That's so great! I'm so happy you got to spend time with your family, and see The Rogers, and happy birthday to Caleb!! Love the sleeping picture. They were really exhausted!!
Miss you. If you need a break, you know where to find me!

Macey said...

I love the b-day pie...and cake-yum. Cute picture of the kids int he car!

Honeycombs said...

I love the picture of the kids sleeping in the car and the idea of you driving and taking pictures of Ryan and the kids.

Ande said...

that's nice that you got to see Carolann, you get tons of visitors there don't you? That would be nice. :)

Lucy said...

what I wonder is how you got a picture of Ryan in the car...when it appears you were driving......? :) Love ya Nick