Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Thanksgiving


I didn't get to post any of these pictures from over the summer and this was a definite highlight. While Ryan was away at training, I got to fly to CA and see some of the people that I love like family! It was so great to be there with so many of you and I missed those who weren't there. What a crazy, great group of people:). Sister Beck came and spoke for an Enrichment Night and she made a comment that made me think of our time in CA. She talked about listening to a CD her daughter made when she was a little girl and just how "dreamy" she thought that time of her life was. Looking back, I feel like that time in CA was so "dreamy". So many of us in similar situations of transition in our lives. Moving, having babies, kids starting school, different callings. I really love and miss it all and feel nostalgia when I think of that time. Especially right now with impending snow on the forecast:). I'm thinking of all of my blessings and am so thankful for such an amazing family and good friends. I'm sure I won't post before Thanksgiving so "Happy Thanksgiving" and lots of love to you all.


Outside the Oakland Temple for Chad and Heidi's sealing. So cool!


Getting picked up at the airport--I'll get picked up by you anytime:)

9 comments:

Shaina said...

Oh how I wish I could have been there!

Pamela said...

I am glad you got to go back and visit. Lucky girl getting to live in California twice :) We are coming up for Christmas so hopefully we can get together!

I'm Always Rite said...

I wish I had hung out with everyone more while we were there. That was one of my favorite times too! I'm just so thankful for this blogging thing so we can all keep up with each other so much! :) Love you Nicky!

4everYoung said...

I loved having you and Tasha stay with us! IT was way too short. Can't believe u r leaving for ID when we want to come see you!! You can still change your mind! Love you lots!

Emily said...

Wow. You have had some fun since I last checked you. love the halloween costumes. what a great mom to dress up with the kids.

Jenni said...

It was so fun to see you guys!!!

Carolann said...

I wish I could have slept over at young's with you guys! Sounds like a lot of love and laughter. I too am thankful for good friends.

Karen said...

It was a lot of fun hanging out with everyone. I wish I could have done it more when we lived in Cali too. Having good friends is truly a blessing! =)

Isom Crew said...

So was this when I ran into you?