Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Milestones

Let's pause just a moment. . . Ryan is working on his fourth degree. . . I can't believe he's been in school this long. He's now almost 32 and started school when he was 5. With a short break to serve a mission and then 7 months off after graduating with his Doctoral Degree--he's been in school. It's midterms, he's studying for tests, writing papers, doing reading assignments, and really looking forward to Thanksgiving break in just a few weeks. And we are all cheering him on--hoping we all survive to see the end of this degree!
On another note. . . My baby turned three! I can't believe this little munchkin grew up. She's the boss around these parts these days and we all try to do as Miss Elsie wishes:). She was so excited to turn three but then realized that she still has to wait a whole year before she can have two vitamins. The little milestones! She's so cute and, for the most part, keeps us all happy and in line. I love the way she speaks like she's from Boston, cradles Zues' head like he's her baby, dances to any tune, and loves to be pulled around on a blanket. She's learning her letters at her "computa" class, riding her bike like a mad woman, and still takes a nap every day. I love this little girl and am so glad she joined our family three years ago!
















These are our cousins visiting from Phoenix--actually Ryan's Dad's sister and her family. aka Elsie's partner in crime for coloring the couch, cutting up papers of importance, drawing on Grandpa's door, and whatever else these two could do. . .We love the Jones family and are glad to try to keep up with them:)

6 comments:

David Williams said...

Hey Nick! It is so fun to get a little window into you guys and what is happening around here in this way. I now have your blog on my RSS feeder and look forward to some fun reading/viewing ahead.

Is there a cool way to save all this into an electronic or hardcopy book for your family history? Maybe it is done automatically? I don't know much about blogs so I'm just asking.

Love to all these munchkins and thanks for all the joy you're bringing us daily!

Dad W

Karen said...

That is a long time to be in school...it makes my head hurt! Anyways Go Ryan! Little Elsie is so cute, and 3 already wow! I hope Thanksgiving break comes fast for you guys. Good luck! =)

Ande said...

Hopefully the end of school days is in sight. happy birthday Elsie!! Hazel turns 2 on Halloween. Wow, times does fly. Of course I can't believe I have four kids either. Hope Thanksgiving comes quick so you can spend more time with Ryan.

Shaina said...

First off, to answer your dad's question, have him go to "blurb". That is a way to turn a blog into a book. I'm in the process of doing mine.

Secondly, happy birthday to Miss Elsie!! I'm happy that we got to spend most of her 3 years knowing her.

Lastly, I can only imagine how it has been through all of that schooling. Hopefully this will be the last degree that is needed!

ashlee said...

Ohh! I wish I could Elsie talking right now. I wish I could see her dance too. I'm smiling just thinking about it. I'm not saying she dances like a hussy but she may have picked up some of there moves.

Pamela said...

What a good looking family! Boy can I relate to lots of schooling. I have to admit it does feel good to be done and in this next phase of life. You guys will be so awesome at whatever you do!