Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Farm

Being raised in Idaho, you might think I'm a cowgirl. Nothing could be farther from the truth. I hate to admit this because I'm pretty proud of my roots but I'm terrified of horses. We went to Ryan's grandpa's farm and the kids were so excited to ride. I was so nervous watching them on this huge horse. I had flash backs of my sister, Jamie, riding when we were kids, she got bucked off and it took my mom all night with promises of buying her everything to get her back on that horse. I think I watched "Man From Snowy River" 200 too many times with Jessica almost falling to her death trying to find Jim. . . Anyway, I just had to get that off my chest. I was raised in town with the grocery store just down the street. Mine was a life full of the second picture of Elsie, Caleb and Arleigh. We played dress up and doctor not branding and milking.
I also wanted to say hello. It's been far too long--Once I start reading a good book there goes my computer time.

6 comments:

Shaina said...

Did you take my suggestion to read Austenland? YOu should. You'd love it.

So I guess I can be friends with you even though you aren't a cowgirl like me. It's really ok. I guess I can overlook it!

Ande said...

The Man From Snowy River, that was Jess's Fault and not the poor horse. But I can see where you would get scared. :) I love riding horses, even though I have been bucked off. It still makes me nervous watching kids though, you never know what will happen with different animals. (I have ridden an elephant, that is a lot of fun.)

Karen said...

So I had a barn in my backyard, but we weren't farmers or anything like that. We had cows sometimes, goats, rabbits, but we never raised any horses. We would let our neighbors horses into our pasture and then we would try to ride them. I love horses, and Man from snowy river! I don't get scared of them unless they aren't trained. That's where it gets scary.

I'm Always Rite said...

I love horses! I try to get Neina and me out for a ride at least once a year if possible! It has been almost 2 years! Much too long!

PS I missed you! What book have you been reading?

Emily said...

hey I grew up on a farm and not a huge fan of horses. they scare me too! i love the dress up pictures.

4everYoung said...

I love riding horses, even if I get bucked off. I bought new riding shoes...Rob wonders why? me too now!!! I guess for when Mandy gets her horses way out in PA. Funny. Hope you can come out for turkey day. Tell Ryan I will cook whatever he wants...even if it is curry everyday!!!!