Well, Fall is in the air! The mornings are cool and crisp, the trees are changing color, and the gardens are bearing their fruit. I love the Autumn season. I think it's my favorite time of year. I look forward to snuggling under blankets, pulling out my sweaters, and eating lots of holiday desserts. Provo is a beautiful place to be right now. The mountains and canyons are so great to visit with the kids. We went on a hike by Vivian park that was so beautiful--It would've been ideal if we didn't have to drag our kids complaining the whole way up the mountain. Something about going uphill that just doesn't do it for them. Since the hike it has warmed back up and we are having an exceptionally warm September. But I still get out my sweaters for the morning snuggles then shed them by the after-snack play outside.
We also had our Fall Festival at Sophie's school. We waited in line for almost an hour for them to get their faces painted. We came home and put them right in the shower to get ready for bed. They kept saying what a mean mom I was for not letting them sleep in it. . . I am so mean!
Here is the famous Erbe Salsa--one of a kind! This used up about 1/25th of the tomatoes that the garden is putting forth. And this was my second batch. Ryan is in heaven since he just opens a bottle and drinks the stuff.
10 comments:
That salsa looks delicious. Maybe I'll stop by later today for a taste. What good book have you been reading?
I'm reading this one about WWII called the Candy Bombers. It's really interesting. I just finished The Goose Girl too for the second time, Breaking Dawn, and I checked out Enna Burning--sequel to Goose Girl. And Shaina just reminded me of Austenland that I have on hold at the library. . .I could read all day!
oh, Only 1/25th of the tomatoes? Wow. I haven't made salsa because I can't find a farmers market anywhere. bummer for me.
The kid's faces looked great! Love the pictures and the post. keep them coming.
Yeah, wasn't there a candy bomber from Travis? Someone named RYAN? heeeeheeee.
We are going through our jars quickly as well. We made 2 batches, Hazle loves it. The candy bomber was Ryan's grandpa wasn't it?
I have another book for you. It's Mr. Darcy's side of the story. Are ya interested??
Yummy! I wish we had tomatoes, and then I would make salsa!!! I loved the kids faces, too cute. =)
Great pix! I can't wait to really start wearing my long sleeve T's again. That salsa does look yummy! You should totally do some sort of contest with that as the prize... And I should totaly win! ;)
What a good looking family. I would love to get your salsa recipe!
I was just telling Bob that I wanted to can salsa...I just did applesauce yesterday--I felt so domesticated! Can I get your secret recipe??
Nicki..I just got back in contact with Brother Grant...so fun! (You had him as a teacher at Ricks right?)
Post a Comment