
Hi everyone--I haven't posted in a few days because we have her home now and she has been doing well for the most part. Annie doing well is worthy of note though! The past few days have been pretty rough health-wise for our family, though, and we are hoping that Annie is not too adversely affected. It seems like she came home to a house full of sick people, so it looks like she'll definitely be exposed to what the world has to offer germ-wise. We just pray that she can manage it and not get too sick through it all.
Today was a pretty big day for our family. It all started out with Caleb getting baptized. While he and I were sitting up in the choir seats waiting for his turn, he leaned over to me and said "Dad, I'm never going to be the same again now that I'm getting baptized. I won't be how I was when we left home this morning--I'll be different." I thought that was quite the observation on his part. About his baptism Caleb said he was pretty shocked at how cold the water was (as was I), but then was amazed at the warm feeling he felt when he went under the water. He explained it as a warm feeling in his chest and understood it as the Holy Ghost. It was pretty neat to hear him explain that.
After the baptism and confirmation we came home and performed Annie's baby blessing. She looked so beautiful, as you can see from the pictures. She was quite fussy before the blessing but seemed so calm and relaxed during and afterward.
One final thought for tonight: we just can't say enough how thankful we are to all of you for your love and support of us over the past several weeks. You have been so kind in so many ways and we feel extremely grateful. We are just blown away at all that has been done for us--the prayers, fasting, meals, phone calls, e-mails, letters, gifts, and most recently a fund-raiser. Thank you so much.
6 comments:
What a special day indeed, a blessing and a baptism! Sweet little Annie looks so beautiful, I am glad that she is home with you. I hope you have a wonderful holiday.
For sure a big weekend! Blessings always happen in the midst of trials. I'm glad to know you are being taken care of, and wish I was there to offer my support as well. Congrats to Caleb. What special remarks he had about his baptism.
That is a big day! Congratulations to Caleb, so neat to hear how he described how he felt when he was baptized! Glad Annie is doing good, she is a beautiful little angel!
How awesome to have Caleb and Annie share such a special day. I am so happy for you! Please keep posting so we can watch Annie (and her crew) continue to progress at home.
Merry Christmas!!
You look so great, Nick. Annie looks fantastic (tube included) and Caleb looks so handsome. Yay for us!
Love,
Steph
What a great day! We've been having to do some catching up since I last heard anything (we are blogging slackers). Glad she is home and doing well. Caleb, wow! What a special boy! We hope you have an uneventful ;) holiday! Miss your little family! We may be headed to Utah for a short trip the beginning of January. Are you still there? Would love to meet the additions to this crew!
Post a Comment