Well, I didn't get any pictures of this but thought I better document this for posterity. . . On Monday, the 22nd of February, Ryan woke up with the flu. It's been reoccuring about once a month. But silly us, instead of suspecting anything we just wondered how our kids kept bringing home these terrible bugs for him to enjoy.
Finally, by Friday he was still feeling under the weather so he went into urgent care. They tested his blood and sent him over to Radiology. Sure enough, his appendix was infected and they sent him right over to surgery. Of course, it was the weekend before his Thesis was due and his brother, Greg was getting home from his mission. Luckily he was ahead in his school work and was able to just rest for the weekend. He got to have the same great doctor that removed Brandon Davies, BYU Basketball player, appendix. He felt well taken care of.
We celebrated big on Monday by printing off the paper, getting it bound, and turning it over to a friend to turn in on Tuesday. It was a little anti-climactic, to say the least, as far as the Thesis goes. We were just happy to have Ryan feeling good enough to go to the airport to welcome home Greg on Tuesday morning.
Ryan has since had his incisions checked and all looks good. It's nice to know that such a small organ that can cause so much pain, can quickly be zapped of all power and be gotten rid of.
4 comments:
I don't know why we have those stupid things anyway....the appendix, not the thesis...although I'm sure in the middle of writing a thesis, the same thoughts are expressed.
Glad he's ok and you caught it before it ruptured!! Think of the story that would have been, if it had happened in conjunction with turning in the thesis..."This thesis almost killed me..literally!"
Well, it seems I'm having too much fun having a conversation with myself. Maybe you should call me and then I can have a two-way conversation!
Love ya!
I didn't see any mention in here of "the ball". Glad he is feeling better.
how exciting to be having a baby! ouch to your husband! your little girl is a real cutie!
Oh my goodness! I'm so glad all ended up well! I am so out of touch! Hope everything is better! Miss you guys soooo much! ;]
Post a Comment