Wednesday, July 8, 2009

JUNE/CRAZINESS

June 6th
So our Soph girl got baptized! I can't believe that I have an eight-year old and one that just acts so cool about it. She is such a good kid and is a great example for her brother and sister. It was such a special morning for us to be together with family and hear her sweet testimony of the Savior. She sang the musical number with Ryan. Half way through she forgot the words but she just hummed along until she remembered. . .No big deal. She just goes with it.
June 13th
Ryan sister, Abi, got married to Brian Kay. They are so happy together and it was such a fun celebration. Brian served in the same mission as me so I got to visit with our mission president and pretend like he was there to see me. It was a lovely day and got all the girls to thinking. Soph asked if she could have a cake like their wedding cake for her birthday and Elsie asked if she could throw some flowers out to her friends too.
June 16th. . .
I got to take the kids to Idaho and have a little rendevous with my sisters. I come from a family of five girls and two amazing parents that didn't kill us during those teenage years. Now between us there are 14 (almost 16)granddaughters and only 4 (almost 5) grandsons. There was a lot of estrogen and bosses who wanted to be in charge but we had such a wonderful time all together.
Elsie and Caroline playing dress up.
Soph and Lauren taking a break from their swimming lesson with their cousins.
Here is one of the bosses caught in the act. That finger is lethal!
And a big shout out to three of the four boys. We are missing Oliver in this picture because he didn't feel good. But these boys just roll with it. Give them a trampoline or a matchbox car and life is good.

6 comments:

Honeycombs said...

Well, thanks for calling me back!? (move to Seattle) Driggs was the BOMB and we are still trying to get things back to some kind of normal. (move to Seattle) Love all the little bosses. (move to Seattle)

Skinners said...

How fun! Looks like you guys are doing well! I can't believe Sophie is 8! Holy moly you are getting old! Just kidding! We miss you guys! If you are ever in Denver give us a call!

I'm Always Rite said...

Fun! :) Looks like you guys are staying busy and making the most of it! :)

Family Reading Group said...

How fun! I am glad that the wedding was so nice. And a fun time with your sisters is priceless!!

Rachael Spencer said...

It's the lower lip I'm more concerned about than the finger! Cute pics Nicki!

Alicia said...

Congrats to Sophi! What a big event. Nicki your family is so cute. When can we see you again?