Sunday, June 15, 2008

Fathers Day

We like to call this one--High and Tight. Here's my big, bad, Air Force Dad up above a few years ago in Idaho. I just have to say, he's not with us right now which makes me appreciate him even more. He's such a good dad! We love you, Ryan.
Then here is my own sweet father--you can tell how great he is just by the butterflies all around his head:). I've been blessed with such good men in my life and I'm so grateful for them. I wish I had a picture here of my father-in-law, grandpas, etc. What strong, stalwart men--in every sense of the word.
We are plugging away here in Idaho and I even got to go on a Fathers Day Date via my sister and her husband. I'm sure they were thrilled to have me along. My sister, Steph, has been taking good care of us and has helped me to keep training for the up and coming Tin Cup Challenge--HALF marathon that is coming up. This Idaho air is killing me but hopefully, the thinness of it won't affect me too much:) Love you all, and hope you have a great Fathers Day even if the men in your life are no where to be found.

8 comments:

Ande said...

You can do it Nikki!!! The air changes do make a difference though, I swear I can't breathe right when I go home.

Pamela said...

I am sorry you are sans Ryan on Father's Day, I am sure the kids miss him. I hope you are enjoying Idaho and your family!!!!

Bob said...

Nicki--my email is not working for me to send messages--so I'll tell you that yes, we are planning to see you this coming Sunday. How does it work to meet in Rexburg around 2pm? Send an email to us and let us know.
Melissa

Emily said...

Wow your dad and mom haven't changed a bit since we were kids! See you soon. I love that steph lives by my mom. The kids can play now when you are over at her house.

Honeycombs said...

I am sure mom will be super happy about the picture you put up on here. We love you!

I'm Always Rite said...

I am so totally proud of you! I remember you talking about doing something like that! You rock! What a sweet message about Ryan and your Dad! :) Mine was so generic. Watch out for that Idaho air!

Karen said...

Idaho does have thin air. Nikki you are so good, I would love to run a marathon! Keep up on your training, I know you will do well. I wish you the best. =)

ashlee said...

My knee is better and we are back on track. See what you can do about that Idaho air before I get there :-)