Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Bean There?. . . Get it;)

We've had a really fun weekend with our cousins visiting from Canada! I think they brought the Great North's weather with them because we've been enjoying a winter wonderland since they got here. Yesterday for President's Day we went to beautiful Sundance to try our skills. I must admit that I was by far the least skilled in that skill but had a wonderful day anyway. We took the four oldest kids and let them have a go on the slope. It was a lot of work getting them up the rope tow but once there they were pros. They stayed for about one hour then went home with Grandpa while the parents stayed up to ski. It was so fun but I'm so sore today. I'm not as young as I used to be--pretty profound, huh!?
Here are the kiddos enjoying some light refreshments after working so hard. Nothing like a good 'ole PB and J to restore your energy.
Today we tried to do something fun just to keep up so we went over to the Monte L. Bean Museum for the reptile show. Every time I go there I think of my very brave sister, Jamie, who used to work there and do the shows. She was the one holding the rats that they fed to these bad boys--shout out to you, Roo. The kids were pretty impressed by this seven foot boa constrictor, named Rocky. We also saw a pretty cute box turtle, snake eggs, and stuffed turtles. That was a little sad for the kids and they kept asking why they were dead and where their spirits were. It was a great doctrinal discussion. So, we are ready for some more fun stuff and will let you know how we top these.

7 comments:

Pamela said...

I haven't skied for years, I would probably need to be on tthe rope tow for awhile :) Our favorite restaurant is up at Sundance, The Foundry Grill. We love to go up there for a nice quiet dinner. If you haven't tried it make Ryan take you up there. I just read about the new Chaplain program in my BYU magazine, it sounds like it is going well. I hope you guys are fantastic and hopefully we can see you soon!

Honeycombs said...

We didn't have Rocky while I was there, but Mouse looked a lot like Rocky.
I wish I could have gone skiing with you. We would have had some pretty good laughs.

I'm Always Rite said...

Fun! I have never bean (haha get it? ;) skiing... And I'm not sure I need to before I die. I think it's right up there with bungie jumping for me. But go you! :) Can't wait to see what else you've been up to. :)

Shaina said...

Sounds like a fun time! Heath would be totally jealous of the skiing.

Karen said...

I haven't been skiing in years either. I like it, but my feet don't. Glad you had fun! =)

Denise said...

Very nice pictures, Nicki. I'm glad it all worked out. Thanks for sharing.

Ryan said...

That was so fun going skiing/snowboarding (I was the only one that did that). Nicki did such a great job skiing and she helped us meet lots of new people every time we rode the ski lift! Thanks for this great blog--I love you!